Benefits of a Vet Who Offers House Calls
There are many benefits associated with working with a house call vet. A mobile vet can be the best option in many situations. Some of the most notable benefits include:
- Convenience: If you have difficulty getting around yourself, or your pet has difficulty with mobility, a house call can be the best option. Working with a house call vet is particularly beneficial for senior and handicapped pets.
- Less stress for the animal: In many cases, an animal will have very negative associations with an animal hospital and will start to get very nervous when you even start to approach the building. A house call is much better for these pets.
- Observing your pet in its home environment: Observing your pet in its environment allows our veterinarian to notice things they would not have otherwise such as poor air quality or loud noises. This allows our veterinarian to make the most accurate diagnosis and provide the best medical care.
- Better relationship with the veterinarian: A house call is more personal, fostering a better and closer relationship between animal, owner, and veterinarian.
- Home euthanasia: It is always difficult to have to put a pet to sleep, and it is usually best to have this done at home if possible. Our veterinarian will assess your pet’s condition and let you know if in-home euthanasia is the best option.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Mobile Vet in Jacksonville, FL
If you are looking for an affordable vet in Jacksonville, FL that will perform a house call, contact Care Pet Hospital and Resort today. For more information on the benefits of working with a house call vet or to schedule an appointment, call us today or request an appointment online.